Setup Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) using Microsoft authenticator app
Ensure you have enough time to complete the set up instructions, as it is expected it will take you around 10-20 minutes.
It is highly recommended that you follow these instructions on a computer 💻, using the mobile device or tablet 📱 when indicated
- 💻 On your computer, go to aka.ms/mfasetup
If required, login using your University IT account username and password
- 💻 You will see a More information required screen. Choose Next
- 📱 On your phone, go to the iOS app store (iPhone) or Google Play store (android) and search for Microsoft Authenticator app. Then install the app. Follow the steps to complete the setup of the app.
- 💻 On your computer. Click Next to Set up your account
- 📱 On your phone in the Microsoft authenticator app, tap on the menu (either ⁞ (android) or + (iPhone), choose Add account and then Work or school account.
Select Scan a QR code.
- 📱 Hover your phone over the QR code on the computer until it scans correctly. You may be asked to allow the app to use your camera. Tap Confirm
- 💻 On your computer, click Next. You can choose to authenticate either:
- Receive notification for verification (Microsoft Authenticator app only)
- Use one time verification code (6 digit number)
- 💻 When your IT account has been setup in Microsoft Authenticator, you will asked to try out authentication on your device.
📱Tap APPROVE to verify or enter the code that appears in the app.
- 💻 Notification approved. Click Next
- 💻 Click Done. Microsoft Authenticator has been set up on your Phone or Tablet